Zero Waste Events
We’re all getting much better at recycling and cutting down on single-use products at home, but this can be more challenging when it comes to community events. However there’s plenty of support available to help event organisers get on the zero waste bandwagon.
Zero waste events – the basics
Wondering how you’d go about banishing disposable cups and plates from your event? You’re probably even considering how to guide guests to dispose of what’s left on their plates and what to do with used dishes. EcoMatters has it covered with this zero waste events flyer for you to download, featuring tips on which bins you can guide guests to use, how to promote the event and even gathering feedback.
Gearing up for your zero waste event
EcoMatters wants to make zero waste events as easy as possible for you to create. Therefore, we only ask for a donation of $100 from you for the hire of items like crockery, cutlery, wash tubs, brushes, aprons and tea towels.
We have dinner plates, side plates, bowls, coffee cups, forks, knives, tablespoons and teaspoons, along with washing up equipment.
Guide for borrowing
- A donation of $100 is to be paid in advance of borrowing items.
- You will need to collect and return items in your own vehicle, so please ensure you have access to a vehicle large enough to transport the items you wish to borrow.
- You will collect and return the items on the dates agreed.
- You will dispose of all waste collected yourself.
- All borrowed items must be returned to us clean and undamaged.
- Any damage or missing items will incur a reasonable replacement/repair fee.
ZERO WASTE EVENT GRANTS
We’ve partnered with Auckland Council to provide a grant to support making your community event zero waste. Any free community event in Auckland (minimum 100 people) is eligible to apply, and you’ll hear back within seven working days.
ZERO WASTE EVENT ADVICE
The zerowasteevents.org.nz website is a one-stop ‘how to’ guide for anyone interested in running zero waste events. Along with information about event planning, compostable packaging and case studies, you can also book zero waste event loan gear like flags and bins and get in touch with zero waste event advisors.