Street Art Bike Challenge
During the month of October, Aucklanders were invited to discover their city’s street art scene by bike, share their photos and be in to win more than $1,000 worth of amazing prizes. Hosted by the EcoMatters Bike Hubs and supported by Auckland Transport.
Ngā mihi to everyone who took part.
We’re excited to announce that the Prize Draw for the $750 bike shop gift voucher was won by Ina Sauni, and the Judges’ Prize for Best Story ($250 bike shop voucher) was won by Steven Bissett. Congratulations!
Thank you to Auckland Transport for supporting the challenge.
Challenge Terms and Conditions
- Photos must be posted between 1 and 31 October 2022 with the #StreetArtBikeChallenge hashtag.
- People without a Facebook profile or Instagram account can email entries to [email protected].
- If your Facebook profile or Instagram account is private we may not be able to see your entry. Please email a screenshot of your entry to [email protected].
- While we recognise that Street Art is subjective, EcoMatters reserves the right to exclude any photos that are not deemed eligible.
- Only photos taken within the Auckland Region are eligible.
- Photos must include you, your bike and the street art. If there are multiple people in your photo, only the person who has made the submission will be eligible for the prize.
- Multiple entries are encouraged but are limited to two entries per location, for example one wall or laneway with multiple murals is considered one location.
- There is no limit on how many times a person may enter. Entries must be received during the competition period.
- Winners will be contacted via private message on social media.
- Judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entertained.
- By entering the photo competition, you give EcoMatters permission to share your photo(s) publicly, to use them for future publicity, and for the prize sponsors to share and use your photo(s).
- EcoMatters and Auckland Transport staff may enter but are not eligible to win prizes.
Award winning project
The 2021 Street Art Bike Challenge received a Highly Commended for Best Lockdown Project in The Kūmara Awards 2022. These awards recognise projects and initiatives that aim to connect, inspire and uplift their local communities.
The judges rated this project highly in the pool of projects relating to exceptional placemaking in Aotearoa. They said ‘it served the city in a difficult time while continuing to persevere beyond lockdown days.’
Thank you to our nominee, to everyone who took part in the challenge and to all of our amazing behind-the-scenes team who helped put this project together.
Kia ora and thanks to
The Street Art Bike Challenge is made possible thanks to funding support provided by Auckland Transport. This competition is inspired by the Big Bang Challenge by The Runnns.