Street Art Bike Challenge
1 – 31 October 2021
During the month of October, Aucklanders were invited to discover their city’s street art scene by bike, share their photos and be in to win more than $1,000 worth of amazing prizes. Hosted by the EcoMatters Bike Hubs and supported by Auckland Transport.
Ngā mihi to everyone who took part. This year, we received a whopping 966 entries from across Tāmaki Makaurau.
We’re excited to announce that the Prize Draw for the $800 bike shop gift voucher was won by Rez Mohammed, and the Judges’ Prize for Best Story ($250 bike shop voucher) was won by Max Barwell. Congratulations!
Thank you to Auckland Transport for supporting the challenge.
Challenge Terms and Conditions
- Photos must be posted between 1 and 31 October 2021 with the #StreetArtBikeChallenge hashtag.
- People without a Facebook profile or Instagram account can email entries to [email protected].
- If your Facebook profile or Instagram account is private we may not be able to see your entry. Please email a screenshot of your entry to [email protected].
- While we recognise that Street Art is subjective, EcoMatters reserves the right to exclude any photos that are not deemed eligible.
- Only photos taken within the Auckland Region are eligible.
- Photos must include you, your bike and the street art. If there are multiple people in your photo, only the person who has made the submission will be eligible for the prize.
- Multiple entries are encouraged but are limited to two entries per location, for example one wall or laneway with multiple murals is considered one location.
- There is no limit on how many times a person may enter. Entries must be received during the competition period.
- Winners will be contacted via private message on social media.
- Judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entertained.
- By entering the photo competition, you give EcoMatters permission to share your photo(s) publicly, to use them for future publicity, and for the prize sponsors to share and use your photo(s).
- EcoMatters and Auckland Transport staff may enter but are not eligible to win prizes.
Win a $30 Countdown gift card
Whether or not you took part in the Street Art Bike Challenge, we’d love your ideas on how we can make it even better next year.
To be in to win a $30 Countdown gift card, share your thoughts.
Auckland residents only. The winner will be drawn randomly on 30 November 2021, 12pm, and contacted via email.
Kia ora and thanks to
The Street Art Bike Challenge is made possible thanks to funding support provided by Auckland Transport. This competition is inspired by the Big Bang Challenge by The Runnns.