Located at 1 Olympic Place, New Lynn, nestled on the edge of Olympic Park and next to the Waitahurangi (Avondale) Stream, the EcoHub is where you can:
- Attend sustainability events and workshops
- Visit the EcoMatters Store for a range of sustainable living products, advice, and to drop off a range of items for recycling (Wednesday - Sunday, 10am-2pm)
- Visit the New Lynn Bike Hub (Thursday - Sunday, 10am-2pm)
- Volunteer for our native plant nursery or community garden
- Book school visits and guided tours for groups
- Hire a meeting room or workshop space
- Enjoy a book or magazine from our eco library
- Wander through our edible gardens and learn about organic food growing
Our library is open during EcoHub hours, and is for anyone who wants to learn more about sustainable living. We have an easy “honesty box” system for joining and borrowing: fill in the form on the clipboard, fill out the card of any library item you want to borrow, and leave it in the file box. Please return the book or DVD in three weeks’ time so others can use it.
Our library resources have been carefully developed since 2005 and include rare treasures. You can browse and borrow on permaculture, down-to-earth DIY, making eco-friendly cleaning products or more: bone up on biggies such as water quality, biodiversity or climate change, and catch up with classics by Chomsky, Monbiot, Klein, etc. We have Kiwi authors and books for kids too.
A volunteer with professional library experience, Claire, comes in on Thursdays to keep the shelves in order, update our catalogue and fill gaps — such as trends towards small homes.
We are happy recipients of selected items that public libraries no longer need. If you have books on sustainability you would like to donate, please email email@example.com with a photo or more information - we would love to have a look.