If you live in the Waitākere Ranges Local Board area, you can dispose of invasive weeds free of charge and help prevent pest plants from spreading into the native bush we love.
Help us keep everyone safe – COVID-19 update
We’re pleased to be able to start bringing back weed bins, but ask that you follow our guidelines detailed here and the guidance of any team member onsite to help keep us all safe.
- Keep two metres from others at weed bin locations.
- Allow one vehicle per bin at any one time.
Thanks for helping us to keep weeds at bay and keep everyone safe! Check return dates and locations below.
Permanent weed bins
Weed bins are available on an ongoing basis at:
- Piha Domain (Seaview Road)
- Huia Domain (Huia Road)
Pop-up weed bins
Temporary bins are available at the following locations on certain dates:
- Mountain Road (15-17 Mountain Road), Henderson Valley: Saturday 23- Sunday 24 May 2020, Saturday 6- Sunday 7 June 2020
- Kōwhai Reserve (28 Withers Road), Glen Eden: Saturday 23- Sunday 24 May 2020, Saturday 6- Sunday 7 June 2020
Weed bin map
Please respect these bins – they’re here for invasive weeds only. When illegal dumping happens, we have to pay for rubbish to be removed. That makes this service more expensive and less viable for everyone.
We do not accept bamboo, large branches or tree trunks, palm trees, cabbage trees, general garden waste and weeds around kauri trees (to prevent the spread of kauri dieback disease).
Thanks to the Waitākere Ranges Local Board for funding this service.