If you live in the Waitākere Ranges Local Board area, you can dispose of invasive weeds free of charge and help prevent pest plants from spreading into the native bush we love.
Permanent weed bins
Weed bins are available on an ongoing basis at:
- Piha Domain (Seaview Road)
- Huia Domain (Huia Road)
Pop-up weed bins
Temporary bins will be available at the following locations on certain dates:
- Waiatarua Community Hall* (911 West Coast Road): 7-8 December 2019, 1-2 February 2020, 2-3 May 2020
- Victory Road (69 Victory Road), Laingholm: 7-8 December 2019, 1-2 February 2020, 2-3 May 2020
- Mountain Road (15-17 Mountain Road): 11-12 January 2020, 4-5 April 2020, 6-7 June 2020
- Kōwhai Reserve (28 Withers Road): 11-12 January 2020, 4-5 April 2020, 6-7 June 2020
*Note new location. This bin was previously located at Kauri Loop Road (next to 734 West Coast Road).
Weed bin map
Please respect these bins – they’re here for invasive weeds only. When illegal dumping happens, we have to pay for rubbish to be removed. That makes this service more expensive and less viable for everyone.
We do not accept bamboo, large branches or tree trunks, palm trees, cabbage trees, general garden waste and weeds around kauri trees (to prevent the spread of kauri dieback disease).
War on Weeds
During the month of March, more weed bins are available across the Waitākere Ranges and Henderson-Massey Local Board areas. For more information, check out War on Weeds.
Thanks to the Waitākere Ranges Local Board for funding this service.