The weed bin service is changing in 2018. But if you live in the Waitākere Ranges Local Board area, there are still ways you can dispose of invasive weeds free of charge and help prevent pest plants from spreading into the native bush we love.
Permanent weed bins
Weed bins will be available on an ongoing basis at:
- Piha Domain (Seaview Road)
- Huia Domain (Huia Road)
Pop-up weed bins in 2018
Temporary bins will be available at the following locations on certain dates:
- Kauri Loop Road (Next to 734 West Coast Road) – 13-14 January, 7-8 April, 9-10 June
- Kowhai Reserve (28 Withers Road) – 3-4 February, 5-6 May
- Mountain Road (15-17 Mountain Road) – 3-4 February, 5-6 May
- Victory Road (69 Victory Road) – 13-14 January, 7-8 April, 9-10 June
Weed bin map
Please respect these bins – they’re here for invasive weeds only. When illegal dumping happens, we have to pay for rubbish to be removed. That makes this service more expensive and less viable for everyone.
War on Weeds
During the month of March, more weed bins are available across the Waitākere Ranges and Henderson-Massey Local Board areas. For more information, check out War on Weeds
Cheers to the Waitākere Ranges Local Board for funding this service.