If you live in the Waitākere Ranges Local Board area, you can dispose of invasive weeds free of charge and help prevent pest plants from spreading into the native bush we love.
Permanent weed bins
Weed bins will be available on an ongoing basis at:
- Piha Domain (Seaview Road)
- Huia Domain (Huia Road)
Pop-up weed bins
Temporary bins will be available at the following locations on certain dates:
- Waiatarua Community Hall* (911 West Coast Road): 1-2 September 2018, 3-4 November 2018, 5-6 January 2019, 6-7 April 2019, 1-2 June 2019
- Victory Road (69 Victory Road): 1-2 September 2018, 3-4 November 2018, 5-6 January 2019, 6-7 April 2019, 1-2 June 2019
- Mountain Road (15-17 Mountain Road) – 6-7 October 2018, 1-2 December 2018, 2-3 February 2019, 4-5 May 2019
- Kōwhai Reserve (28 Withers Road) – 6-7 October 2018, 1-2 December 2018, 2-3 February 2019, 4-5 May 2019
*Note new location. This bin was previously located at Kauri Loop Road (next to 734 West Coast Road).
Weed bin map
Please respect these bins – they’re here for invasive weeds only. When illegal dumping happens, we have to pay for rubbish to be removed. That makes this service more expensive and less viable for everyone.
War on Weeds
During the month of March, more weed bins are available across the Waitākere Ranges and Henderson-Massey Local Board areas. For more information, check out War on Weeds
Thanks to the Waitākere Ranges Local Board for funding this service.