Love Your Neighbourhood
Is your neighbourhood in need of environmental love? Our Love Your Neighbourhood grant can help you actively care for a place you love – anywhere you live, learn or play.
Projects the grant can fund
We have funds available to help you and your group with your environmental and volunteer-driven initiatives like:
- organising a clean up of your street, local park or beach
- community plantings or weeding bees
- local food growing projects
- installing composting or rain harvesting systems at your playcentre, school or community garden
- setting up a pest trapping programme in your neighbourhood
Hear from those who received a grant
Edmonton Primary School is a recipient of the Love Your Neighbourhood grant. They used the grant to buy a veggie pod for their students, including the special need students from the Arohanui Satellite Unit. Here’s what they had to say:
Dr Jill Poulston used a Love Your Neighbour grant to buy equipment to help weed native bush near her Piha home and says:
“What really mattered to me was the fact that someone thought what I was doing was important. That endorsement showed me the local board does care and will support people doing this work.”
Who can apply
For any of these projects and more, up to $500 is available to cover your expenses. Anyone can apply, whether you’re a group of friends, neighbours or workmates. We’re also supporting early childhood education centres, youth groups, sports teams and community organisations.
Projects need to take place in either the Henderson-Massey, Whau, Waitākere Ranges or Maungakiekie-Tāmaki local board area. Find out what local board area you live in.
If you’ve got a bright idea for a project that you would like to see happen in a place you love, we’d love to hear it – so fill out the quick and easy form on the right.
Applying is possible all year round. Applications will be processed on a weekly basis, so you’ll hear back within seven days if your funding is approved (with perhaps the odd exception over the holidays).
When completing the application form below, please give us as much information as you can about your project and the specific costs you’re likely to encounter. We want to make sure your project is adequately funded if your application is successful.
Once your funded project is finished, you will need to fill in an accountability report and send us your receipts and a few photos of your project. We will reimburse the agreed funding once we have received and approved your receipts.
- Projects are to take place in one of these local board areas: Henderson-Massey, Waitakere Ranges, Whau or Maungakiekie-Tāmaki.
- Projects are made up of a volunteer effort (costs like wages/contractors won’t be reimbursed).
- The wider community benefits from the project outcome (projects on private land might not be eligible).
- Organisations and individuals can only apply for funding once per financial year (July 2023 – June 2024).
- If applications are received from commercial childcare/education institutions, only 50% of the project costs will be reimbursed (up to $500 maximum).
If you have any questions about our Love Your Neighbourhood funding, please email [email protected].
Is the form above not working? Click here to open the form in a new window.