LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD
Is your neighbourhood in need of environmental love? Our Love Your Neighbourhood campaign is all about actively caring for a place you love - anywhere you live, learn or play.
We have funds available to help you with your environmental and volunteer-driven initiatives like:
- organising a clean up of your street, local park or beach
- community plantings or weeding bees
- local food growing projects
- installing composting or rain harvesting systems at your playcentre, school or community garden
- setting up a pest trapping programme in your neighbourhood
For any of these projects and more, up to $500 is available to cover your expenses. Anyone can apply, whether you're a group of friends, neighbours or workmates. We're also supporting early childhood education centres, youth groups, sports teams and community organisations. NB. Projects need to take place in either the Henderson-Massey, Whau, Waitākere Ranges or Maungakiekie-Tāmaki local board area, find out what local board area you live in.
If you've got a bright idea for a project that you would like to see happen in a place you love, we'd love to hear it - so fill out the quick and easy form on the right.
Applying is possible all year round. Applications will be processed on a weekly basis, so you'll hear back within seven days if your funding is approved (with perhaps the odd exception over the holidays).
When completing the application form below, please give us as much information as you can about your project and the specific costs you're likely to encounter. We want to make sure your project is adequately funded if your application is successful.
Once your funded project is finished, you will need to fill in an accountability report to send to us together with a few photos of your project. We will reimburse the agreed funding once we have received and approved your receipts.
- Projects are to take place in one of these local board areas: Henderson-Massey, Waitakere Ranges, Whau or Maungakiekie-Tāmaki.
- Projects are made up of a volunteer effort (costs like wages/contractors won't be reimbursed)
- The wider community benefits from the project outcome (projects on private land might not be eligible)
- Organisations and individuals can only apply for funding once per financial year (July 2017 - June 2018 or otherwise July 2018 - June 2019)
- If applications are received from commercial childcare institutions, then match funding of up to 50% of the project costs will be considered
If you have any questions about our Love Your Neighbourhood funding, please get in touch with Myrthe at [email protected] or at 09 826 4276 ext. 110.