Power Box Bike Challenge
They're everywhere in Auckland: power boxes, transformers or utility boxes that have been painted and turned into art.
The Power Box Bike Challenge invited Aucklanders to find any painted power box in Auckland by bike, submit a photo and be in to win.
During 1-31 October 2020, 358 entries were received from all over Auckland. Congratulations to John Kos Haletama whose entry was drawn for the Prize Draw. Congratulations also to Shelley O'Connor for winning the Judges' Prize for Best Story.
Here's how it works
- Find a painted power box in Auckland by bike.
- Take a photo which includes the painted power box, you and your bike.
- Join the EcoMatters Bike Hubs Facebook group and post your photo in the group. Include the street name and suburb of the power box.
- Each photo of you, your bike and a different power box is one entry for the prize draw, but if you tag a friend in your post and invite them to the challenge, your entry counts twice.
- (Optional) Include a story about your bike ride in your post to enter the competition for Best Story.
Map of painted power boxes
The map below shows just a sample of some of the painted boxes in Auckland. If you know of a painted power box that hasn't made it onto this map yet, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that the location pins may not mark their exact spot, so you may have to ride up and down the street to find the power box.
Terms and Conditions
- Photos must be posted between 1 and 31 October 2020 in the EcoMatters Bike Hubs Facebook group. People without Facebook can email entries to email@example.com.
- Only photos taken within the Auckland Region are eligible.
- Photos must include you, your bike and the painted power box. If there are multiple people in your photo, only the person who has made the submission will be eligible for the prize.
- Winners of the Prize Draw and Judges' Prize for Best Story will be notified via Facebook early November 2020.
- By entering the photo competition, you give EcoMatters permission to share your photo(s) publicly, to use them for future publicity, and for the prize sponsors to share and use your photo(s).
- EcoMatters staff are not eligible to win.
Thank you to our partners
The Power Box Bike Challenge is proudly funded by the Auckland Transport Community Bike Fund, and sponsored by 99 Bikes. This competition is inspired by the Big Bang Challenge by The Runnns.