Power Box Bike Challenge
They're everywhere in Auckland: power boxes, transformers or utility boxes that have been painted and turned into art.
This October, jump on your bike to join the Power Box Bike Challenge! Discover a painted power box in Auckland by bike, submit a photo and be in to win more than $1000 worth of amazing prizes.
Here's how it works
- Discover a painted power box in Auckland by bike.
- Take a photo which includes the painted power box, you and your bike.
- Join the EcoMatters Bike Hubs Facebook group and post your photo in the group. Include the street name and suburb of the power box.
- Each photo of you, your bike and a different power box is one entry for the prize draw, but if you tag a friend in your post and invite them to the challenge, your entry counts twice.
- (Optional) Include a story about your bike ride in your post to enter the competition for Best Story.
Contribute to the map
To get everyone started, we're working on a map of painted power boxes around Auckland, but we need your help to fill it up.
The map below shows just a sample of some of the painted boxes in Auckland. The idea of the challenge is to get out on a bike in your local community, and see if you can discover one of many more boxes hidden all over Auckland! If you know of a painted power box that hasn't made it onto this map yet, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that the location pins may not mark their exact spot, so you may have to ride up and down the street to find the power box.
We'll be updating this map all through October, so keep checking back for new places to explore.
More than $1000 worth of prizes are up for grabs.
Prize Draw: $800 gift voucher with 99 Bikes
Judges' Prize for Best Story: $250 gift voucher with 99 Bikes
Random spot prizes will also be awarded throughout the month.
Terms and Conditions
- Photos must be posted between 1 and 31 October 2020 in the EcoMatters Bike Hubs Facebook group. People without Facebook can email entries to email@example.com.
- Only photos taken within the Auckland Region are eligible.
- Photos must include you, your bike and the painted power box. If there are multiple people in your photo, only the person who has made the submission will be eligible for the prize.
- Winners of the Prize Draw and Judges' Prize for Best Story will be notified via Facebook early November 2020.
- By entering the photo competition, you give EcoMatters permission to share your photo(s) publicly, to use them for future publicity, and for the prize sponsors to share and use your photo(s).
- EcoMatters staff are not eligible to win.
Thank you to our partners
The Power Box Bike Challenge is proudly funded by the Auckland Transport Community Bike Fund, and sponsored by 99 Bikes. This competition is inspired by the Big Bang Challenge by The Runnns.