The EcoMatters Visitor Centre is where you can:
- drop off your e-waste and recycling (see ‘Services’ for what we collect and prices)
- donate second-hand full-length curtains for the curtain bank (more below)
- ask for advice from one of the staff on all sorts of topics, such as DIY rainwater collection, composting and sustainable homes. If we don’t know the answer we can recommend where you can find the solutions you need
- attend one of our workshops
- shop at our eco shop
- relax while reading a book or magazine from our eco library
The Centre is open to visit 6 days a week – Mon-Fri 10am-4pm and Sat 10am-1pm.
Closed on public holidays.
Group Visits, Guided Tours…
Staff are available by request to host and guide group visits. We can arrange tailored class visits for all ages and levels of knowledge – from preschools, primary and secondary schools (max one class/day) – $2/student.
- The Centre is conveniently located just a 7 minute walk from the New Lynn train station up Clark Street to 1 Olympic Place, New Lynn.
- Parking is at the end of Olympic Place, adjoining Olympic Park and the velodrome.
- We are a 2 minute walk from the new East West Organics, across the rail tracks up Portage Road, turn left down Wolverton Road past the BP (or cut through the gymnasium carpark).
EcoMatters staff members have their own areas of expertise, and will also be able to help with general inquiries. Click here for a quick rundown of our backgrounds.