Free efficient showerheads
Save water and money
We’re installing efficient showerheads for free in west Auckland homes, thanks to support from Auckland Council’s Live Lightly initiative, Mitre 10 and Watercare.
An efficient showerhead uses around a quarter less water than most regular showerheads, while still giving you a great shower experience. If your showerhead uses more than nine litres of water a minute, you could literally be pouring money, energy and water down the drain.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for free installation of an efficient showerhead, you need to:
- live in Glen Eden, New Lynn, Green Bay, Kelston, Rosebank, Avondale, New Windsor or Blockhouse Bay
- have a mains pressure hot water cylinder (check your cylinder label or click here for how to check this)
- have a high flow (ten litres or more per minute) handheld showerhead. Watch this video to find out how to check your current flow rate.
If you meet these conditions, please book your appointment to have your efficient showerhead installed here:
If you have any questions or feedback, please email [email protected].
Showerhead installations during Covid
We are able to offer showerhead installations in your home at orange and red traffic light settings. We look forward to visiting you in your home again, and keeping both us and you safe by doing the following for all home visits:
- verifying your vaccine pass, and asking you to scan our QR code before we enter your home
- Always wearing masks (and asking you to do the same)
- Keeping 2m distance where possible, sanitising all surfaces, and putting on gloves before touching anything
- We’re also asking you to keep all windows and doors open during the visit
The day before we visit your home, we’ll call to confirm your booking and to go through some safety questions. If you or anyone in your household or close circle has been ill in the past two weeks, please let us know. We are always happy to reschedule visits to a later date that suits. As we visit you in your home, it’s essential we are aware of any potential risks to the health and safety of our team.
If you are not comfortable with a team member coming into your home just yet, that is absolutely fine. Let us know and we will put your appointment on hold for now.