- Start: Sat, 6 Oct 10:00am
- End: Sat, 6 Oct 1:00pm
Olympic Place, Auckland, New Zealand
We're springing into action with a whole morning of glorious spring festivities!
Come along and...
- Pot up native seedlings
- Bike a mini Flat White Ride with an EcoMatters Bike Hub guide
- Weave putiputi and ika with Whau Weavers
- Learn to divert organic waste from landfill with the Compost Collective
- Make the most of your kai with Love Food Hate Waste
- Make rat traps with Blockhouse Bay Intermediate pupils
- Join one of two bike maintenance workshops for littlelies
- Make produce bags with up-cycling expert Buffie Mawhinney
- Ask questions at two panel discussions about Food and Community Collaboration
- Be part of the launch of the Whau Low Carbon Network
Free & whānau-friendly.
Sign up here to join the Whau Low Carbon Network - a diverse community of residents, groups and businesses passionate about making low carbon living, working and playing part of the distinct identity of our Auckland. As a network member you will receive news of events and meetings on topics driven by you - the network.
We will also launch the Whau Low Carbon Plan which details the wide ranging ambitions of the Whau Local Board. This includes working towards a connected low carbon community, with strong local businesses; all living within 20 minutes to all we need by walking, cycling and public transport; in enhanced natural environments.
Each new sign-up on the day receives a native seedling to plant.
Turn old bicycle wheels into unexpectedly beautiful and useful pieces with upcycler Silvia Spieksma.Read More