- This event has passed.
Friendly Fermented Foods with Marianna van Ginkel
1 Olympic Place
New Lynn, Auckland 0600 New Zealand
Phone: (09) 826 4276
About this Event
Fermented foods are still popular and revered for their health benefits.
Historically every culture has had some type of fermented food, and for good reason!
Join Marianna van Ginkel in this practical workshop on fermentation, focusing on understanding the principles so you can go home confident and excited to make your own delicious ferments.
- Learn about lacto-fermented vegetable pickles like sauerkraut and kimchi
- Principles of making vinegar and alcohol and sourdough bread
- Understanding dairy ferments yoghurt, keffir and basic cheese-making (raw and heated)
- Tastings and recipes to get you started
- Get hands on and make sauerkraut or kimchi to take home
(Please bring a small glass jar)
“I have enjoyed making fermented foods for over 20 years. It still seems like a special kind of magic to me. I enjoy sharing what I have learnt with other enthusiasts!” Marianna