- This event has passed.
Foraging for immune-boosting foods
1 Olympic Place
New Lynn, Auckland 0600 New Zealand
Phone: (09) 826 4276
About this Event
Join registered naturopath Paloma Velásquez for health-boosting ideas using readily available nutrients from plants we can grow ourselves or forage. Learn about foods which have traditionally been used to support the immune system.
Part 1: Paloma will discuss holistic health support
- traditional and natural ways that may boost immunity
- nutrients which may support your body before and after vaccination
- liver detox suggestions
Part 2: What you can find at home or forage, simply and naturally
- how can we get these nutrients from plants?
- plants we can grow in our gardens
- the best foods we can eat to encourage immune health
- plants we can forage… herbs, natives and food plants tour and discussion around EcoMatters garden.
Part 3: Recipes, ideas, tastings
- demonstration and tastings of simple, nutritious, health boosting recipes
Dr. Paloma Velásquez is a Chilean Medical Doctor, Naturopath and Medical Herbalist. She founded Aruraqi, and the Healthy Meal Preparation class which started in 2018.
It is her mission to aid, support and educate people to improve their wellbeing and empower them to take control over their health.
NB. Advice given in this workshop is not intended to replace advice or treatment from your own registered health practitioner, nor should it delay or postpone you seeing your health practitioner about a health problem.