Call for EcoMatters Board Members
Join the EcoMatters Environment Trust Board and contribute to a healthy environment and connected community.
Are you engaged and empathetic, with your finger on the pulse of sustainable stewardship? The EcoMatters Board is on the lookout for new trustees to help further the organisation’s aims of connecting people and place and nurturing kaitiakitanga.
We’re looking for a trustee to join our board and support the organisation in:
- Providing governance oversight of EcoMatters operations and financial management
- Building influence across the environmental stewardship ecosystem
- Setting strategic direction and priorities
- Providing leadership, empathy and connections
- Bringing creativity, critical thinking and an innovative approach to environmental and social responsibility
- Representing EcoMatters to stakeholders and acting as an ambassador for the organisation
- Leveraging strategic relationships with funders, partners, and other stakeholders to add value to the organisation and support the achievement of its vision, mission and purpose
- Contributing to and modeling a culture of learning and development
- Reviewing the agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
The board is committed to driving a culture that values diverse thinking and inclusion. We particularly encourage applications from a broad range of ethnicities, younger members of the community, and individuals with a disability. All applicants welcome, and prior board experience is not a prerequisite.
You’ll be joining a fantastic team of passionate, fun and engaged trustees and an organisation with a strong reputation for leading the way in community engagement and kaitiakitanga.
Remuneration: This is a voluntary position, however an honorarium will be paid to cover board related costs such as meeting expenses and board development training.
Time commitment: Between two to four hours per month
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining relevant experience to Charlotte Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 20 October 2020.
If you would like to work with us here at EcoMatters we recommend checking this page regularly - you never know what's around the corner!
Or if you think volunteering might just be your gig and you have some time to offer, find out more at Volunteer.