Bike Hub Co-ordinator
- Be part of an exceptional Auckland-based not-for-profit organisation
- Great team, awesome mission, share your love of community empowerment and biking!
- Be a part of making a real difference in your community – promoting sustainable transport options and reducing waste!
Part-time 16 – 20 hours per week, operating hours: Thur-Sun, 10am-2pm
Auckland-based (Glen Innes)
- Would you love to work for an organisation that promotes sustainable living and caring for our environment?
- Do you enjoy a hands-on role, engaging with community, and teaching people how to maintain their bikes?
The Bike Hub is a growing initiative across Auckland (this will be our third site, with more planned) aimed at encouraging and supporting the community to enjoy the benefits of biking and getting people’s old bikes out of the back of their sheds and back on the roads/cycleways!
We support cycling by offering the following services:
- free basic bike servicing advice and support (working alongside visitors to help teach them those skills)
- used bikes for sale and loan (checked and serviced bikes that have been donated to us)
- new and used bike parts and accessories
- fun novelty bikes to try (choppers, mini-penny-farthing, tandems, etc)
- maps and route information
- information about other bike service providers (retailers, AT, Bike Auckland, etc)
You'll be responsible for operating our new Glen Innes Bike Hub, and helping to deliver the services listed above. There will be an Assistant role as well, to support the coordinator and we usually have a number of volunteers who you will oversee.
The hub itself is a refurbished shipping container with a pop-out side (and two other shipping containers for storage), flowing into an outdoor space, creating a welcoming environment to engage with the community.
The successful applicant will:
- be confident in engaging with a wide range of people
- be physically fit, with a hands-on attitude
- be a problem solver, lateral thinker, and show initiative
- be confident in opening, setting up and closing the Hub
- be confident in managing a small number of EFT-POS and Cash Transactions
- have excellent time management
- have the ability to capture basic data and tell our community's stories
- be able to offer advice and assistance with basic bike maintenance and safety
- be able to manage loan bikes.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
A full Position Description is available on request.
Applications strictly close: Sunday 30th September 2019
Please apply in writing only: email@example.com
If you would like to work with us here at EcoMatters we recommend checking this page regularly - you never know what's around the corner!
Or if you think volunteering might just be your gig and you have some time to offer, find out more at Volunteer