The Love Zero Waste trailer is available for hire for your wedding, school fair, festival, community event, or any other time you want to feed a crowd, not a landfill. It includes cutlery & crockery, bins to sort your rubbish, and a Wash Against Waste station – but you choose which items you need.
What comes with the trailer?
An EcoMatters staff member will deliver, set up, supervise, pack down and return the trailer to EcoMatters.
All the items below are optional, just let us know what you need.
- 1 x Love Zero Waste gazebo (3m by 3m standing; 2.4m long packed down)
- 1 x Wash Against Waste gazebo (3m by 3m standing; 2.4m long packed down)
- 2 x Trestle tables (2.4m long & 1.8m long)
- 2 x Love Zero Waste teardrop flags
- Bin stands with signage (up to 6 available)
- 40L bins with signage, recycling, food waste, and landfill (6 of each bin available)
- Everything you need to operate Wash Against Waste, like crockery and cutlery (more details below)
What doesn’t the trailer come with?
- It doesn’t come with volunteers – you’ll have to recruit your own.
- We don’t deal with your waste after the event.
What is Wash against Waste?
Wash Against Waste is a pop-up unit that enables you to wash dishes so you don’t have to use disposable plates, cups and cutlery. It’s a great way to eliminate single-use packaging at your event.
The Wash Against Waste option includes:
- 100+ Dinner plates
- 100+ Coffee cups
- 50+ bowls and side plates
- Knives, forks and spoon
- A Wash Against Waste gazebo
- Washing table, bowls, dishwashing liquid and tea towels
Vendors and customers love to use real crockery. It helps to enhance the dining experience and gives your event a zero waste edge.
What do I need to run Wash Against Waste?
- A power supply (Within 25m of where you plan to set up the trailer)
- An outside tap (Within 25m of where you plan to set up the trailer)
- Somewhere for grey water to be disposed of (Toilet, sink)
- Enough volunteers to wash up during your event
This can be a great fundraising opportunity for the scouts or other local community groups. It can also be a way for a local business to get involved and support your event.
How much does it cost to hire the trailer for the day?
This all depends on your event duration and location. To get a quote please email email@example.com with the following information.
- Your name
- Your email
- Your telephone number
- Event address
- Event start time
- Event finish time
- Who the event organiser is, (community group, business, council)
Who can I talk to?
Contact our Waste Programme and Development Manager Sarah Jane Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on (09) 826 4276 Ext: 141 to check availability.
To find out more about how to run a zero waste event, check out zero waste events