- Start: Sat, 1 Aug 10:30am
- End: Sat, 1 Aug 12:30pm
1 Olympic Place, New Lynn, Auckland, New Zealand
This is perfect planting time for natives. Learn what plants suit your conditions, and how to care for them with EcoMatters nature team.
Join our nursery manager Chrissy and stream ranger Alanah for a morning of learning how to restore the whenua. Learn how to make your own native planting plan for your home garden, school or restoration project. Find out which natives will suit your site, and how to care for them.
This workshop includes:
- show and tell of our native plant nursery
- introduction to seed gathering and propagation
- steps to planting and maintaining a native planting area
- tour of established native revegetation plantings at Olympic Park
- demonstration of how to choose and lay plants out at a planting site by the stream
- demonstration of how to plant, and an opportunity to dig in if you wish
You'll have the chance to ask those tricky questions to get the most out of your garden or larger block, or you may simply like to learn how to 'nurture a native' at your place.
The soil is perfect for planting, and it pays to get your plants in now so they have more chance of survival come summer. Bring gumboots or sturdy shoes if you would like to get involved in the planting.
There will also be the opportunity to purchase plants from our native plant nursery.
Together, Chrissy and Alanah have decades of experience in native plant nurseries, landscape design and wildlife restoration.
Grab your gumboots and raincoats and lets get weeding and cleaning the Whau stream!Read More
A free local demonstration, with inspiring ideas for making the most of your leftovers and great food storage hints and tips.Read More