Is your neighbourhood in need of some environmental love?
Love Your Neighbourhood is all about actively caring for a place you love – anywhere you live, learn or play.
If you’re in the Henderson-Massey, Whau or Waitakere Ranges local board area, we may be able to help you with funding for practical volunteer-driven initiatives like:
- environmental restoration and clean-ups
- community planting or weeding bees
- food growing projects
- installing composting systems
Up to $500 is available to cover your expenses, whether you’re a group of friends, neighbours or workmates. We’re also supporting early childhood education centres, youth groups, sports teams and community organisations.
If you’ve got a bright idea for a project that you’d like to see happen in a place you love, we’d love to hear it – so fill out the quick and easy form below.
Applying is possible all year round. Applications will be processed on a weekly basis, so you’ll hear back within seven days if your funding is approved (with perhaps the odd exception over the holidays).
When completing the application form below, please give us as much information as you can about your project and the specific costs you’re likely to encounter. We want to make sure your project is adequately funded if your application is successful.
Once your funded project is finished, you will need to fill in an accountability report to send to us together with a few photos of your project. We will reimburse the agreed funding once we have received and approved your receipts.
- Projects are to take place in one of these local board areas: Henderson-Massey, Waitakere Ranges or Whau
- Projects are made up of a volunteer effort (costs like wages/contractors are not likely be reimbursed)
- The wider community benefits from the project outcome (projects on private land might not be eligible)
- Oorganisations and individuals can only apply for funding once per financial year (June 2017 – July 2018)
If you have any questions about our Love Your Neighbourhood funding, please get in touch with Myrthe Braam at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 09 826 4276 ext. 110.